Instructor – Lyn Gemmell
Experience Level – everyone welcome
Class Description – Dyeing to hand-paint your own yarn blank? (A yarn blank is a pre-knit rectangle of yarn.) Want a matching pair of socks or a cool scarf or shawl? This is the place to try it out.
You will learn –
- How to work with hand-painted yarns
- How to make colours work together
- Placement techniques for dyeing yarn
- Fun and weird ways (and tools) to place colour
- old shirt or apron that you don’t mind getting dye on
- shoes that can get “dripped on”
- a pair of kitchen gloves to protect your hands
Homework – none
Materials Charge – Yarn Blankets are $35 per blank (for approx. 125g/460 yds) in 80% Superwash Merino/20% Nylon in fingering/sock weight.