Instructor – Lyn Gemmell
Experience Level – everyone welcome
Class Description -Dyeing to try to hand-paint your own yarn? Looking to make more unique yarns in a fun and friendly environment? This is the place! Come and play with colour! In just two hours, create your own, unique, colourway. At the end of the weekend these beautiful, uniquely you, yarns will be ready for you to take home.
You will learn –
- The types of hand-painted yarns
- How to work with hand-painted yarns
- How to make colours work together
- Placement techniques for dyeing yarn
- Fun and weird ways (and tools) to place colour
- an old shirt or apron that you don’t mind getting dye on
- shoes that can get “dripped on”
- a pair of kitchen gloves to protect your hands
Homework – none
Materials Charge – The yarn material charge is dependent on the choice(s) of yarn which includes lace weight, fingering, dk, worsted, aran and bulky yarns in superwash merino – some with silk or cashmere! Prices range from $16 to $35+ per skein.