Instructor – Mary Pat McDonald
Level – Advanced Beginner and Up
Class Description – MP’s Favourite Things is an ever-expanding treasury of knitting insight – shortcuts, refinements, best practices, unventions and neat little tips. There are so many ways to tweak our favourite pursuit to make it easier and better-constructed. The list is long, so we’ll practise as many as time allows and you’ll take the complete list home.
You will learn –
- How to read your knitting and form more even stitches
- How to smooth edges for scarves (other than garter stitch)
- How to do a long-tail cast on for ribbing, or with Right Side as next row
- How to tidy, jogless stripes ribbed in the round
- How to work cables without a cable needle; counting rows between cable crosses
- How to knit back backwards
- How to do about 40 more manoeuvres and tidbits…
Bring – Light-coloured, worsted-weight, smooth yarn; a selection of appropriate needles; stitch markers and typical knitter’s tool-box items.
Homework – none.