Instructor – Mary Pat McDonald
Experience Level – advanced beginner and up
Prerequisites – Knit, purl, slipping stitches, increasing, decreasing
Class Description – Mary Pat’s Favourite Things is an ever-expanding treasury of knitting insight – shortcuts, refinements, best practices, unventions and neat little tips. The list is long, so we’ll practise as many as time allows and you’ll take the complete list home.
You will learn –
• two smooth edges for scarves (other than garter stitch)
• long-tail cast on for ribbing, or with Right Side as next row
• tidy, jogless stripes ribbed in the round
• cables without a cable needle
• knitting back backwards
• about 40 more manoeuvres and tidbits…
Bring – Light-coloured, worsted-weight, smooth yarn; a selection of
appropriate needles; stitch markers and typical knitter’s tool-box items.
Homework – none
If you would like to be added to the waiting list for this class, please complete and submit the form below.